Shipping, Returns & FAQs
Need Help Choosing the Right Device? We're Here for You!
Navigating the world of mobile devices, handheld scanners, and label printers can be daunting, especially if you’re new to it. At Insight Works, we’re passionate about helping you find the perfect match for your needs. We believe that making the right choice from the start is simpler and more efficient than handling returns later. So, if you’re unsure or have any questions, don’t hesitate to reach out. Our team is always ready to guide you. Let’s ensure you get it right the first time!
Insight Works offers free shipping within the continental United States and Canada with the exception of media and consumables where shipping costs are the responsibility of the buyer. Shipping is done via FedEx using 3-day air or ground service. If you require special shipping, please contact customer service.
By returning a product through RMA to Insight Works (DMS), the customer hereby agrees with DMS’s RMA, repair and return policy.
- An RMA number (Return Merchandise Authorization) must be obtained from DMS prior to returning products to DMS.
- RMA requests may be made online from DMS Website.
- An RMA is valid for 15 days from the date of issuance.
- Only products specified within the RMA request may be returned with the RMA# issued.
- Customers are responsible for freight and insurance fees when returning products to DMS.
Products Damaged In Transit
- Damaged shipments that are received by customers must be refused and returned. DMS customer service must be contacted within 48 hours of refusal.
- All received damaged products must be reported to carrier within 48 hours of receipt of products and DMS customer service contacted.
- Claims to DMS must be submitted within 5 business days.
- Exceptional claims outside of the normal RMA procedure are to be handled solely between DMS and the carrier.
Billing and Shipping Discrepancies
- All requests for correction must be made in writing within 10 days of receipt of merchandise.
- Under no circumstance can short payment replace a Request for Correction or credit.
Product Return Guidelines
- The RMA number must be written on the shipping label only. Do not write on the manufacturer’s box.
- Products must be sent to the address specified on the RMA document.
- DMS will refuse collect shipments.
- Only if due to DMS error, DMS will authorize a return of product via teh carrier of choice, using Return preprinted labels.
- All potential claim(s) with carrier(s) used to return product(s) through RMA to DMS are the sole responsibility of the customer.
- Refused shipments must be reported by customer to DMS within 48 hours of refusal.
- Credit for refused shipment will be issued once the product(s) are received and verified at the DMS warehouse.
- Restocking fees shall be applied for unjustified refusals. Credit will not be issued for special orders or custom configurations.
RMA – Returns for Credit
- All credits for return are based on the lesser of the purchase price or the current price, at the time the RMA is received at DMS’s warehouse.
- Request for product return must be done within 30 days from date of DMS’s invoice.
- RMA approval for product returns may take up to 48 hours.
- Special order and custom configured products are not accepted for return.
- Products discontinued by the manufacturer are not accepted for return.
- Consumables and Parts (including print-heads and batteries) cannot be returned.
- Software or Service contracts cannot be returned or credited.
- Computers and or devices with an operating system cannot be returned if the unit has been powered up, software has been activated and/or user configured.
- Label and Card Printers which have been used will not be eligible for return or credit.
- Products must be in the original manufacturer’s packaging, clean and undamaged, with no marks of any kind.
- Double boxing for return is recommended.
- The RMA number must be written on the shipping label only. Please do not write on the manufacturer’s box.
- All products returned must contain all its original contents, including but not limited to: all manuals, accessories, cables, warranty cards, static bags, software, etc. just as the customer received them.
- All equipment must be in intact and unmodified and in like new condition. All open boxes will have minimum restocking fee of 15%.
- DMS will issue a credit to Customer less any applicable charges or fees.
- If DMS originally shipped product(s) and did not charge for freight, shipping expenses incurred for initial delivery of said product(s) will be deducted from the issued credit (unless previously stipulated in a mutually binding written agreement).
- All returned product(s) that do(es) not meet specified requirements will be returned to the sender/customer at their own expense.
- The Customer is responsible for all costs incurred by DMS due to any misrepresentation made during the process of obtaining or applying for an RMA.
- “Dead on Arrival” or “DOA” is defined as any product(s) that upon initial inspection by the consumer, has an “out of box” failure and falls within the Manufacturer’s stated DOA period.
- To obtain an RMA for a DOA product, the customer must contact DMS’s Service Department at 1-780-988-0215 and confirm the DOA status of the product.
- Upon receipt of the RMA product, DMS will, at its own discretion, repair, replace or credit the product to the customer.
- For products where the stated problem cannot be duplicated, a No Fault Found fee of $45 shall be applicable and products returned to the customer at their expense.
Repair Services – General
- Regular turn-around time for all repairs is 20 business days unless otherwise specified. No time guarantee is expressed or implied unless previously stipulated in a mutually binding written agreement.
- For all time sensitive or mission critical applications, please inquire about our warranty extension Service Agreements 1-780-988-0215.
- DMS is not responsible for loss of data during repairs for hardware or software issues. The customer is responsible for maintaining proper backups and keeping systems updated.
In Warranty Repairs
- DMS will accept repair of products under manufacturer warranty for which it is an authorized warranty service centre.
- DMS reserves the right to refer customers directly to the manufacturer for repair or replacement according to its defective products return policy.
- DMS will ship the warranty repaired or replaced product freight prepaid.
- If a returned product is determined to be damaged or misused, it will be handled according to the out-of-warranty policy.
- Products repaired by DMS on behalf of the manufacturer and under the terms of their warranty, are guaranteed up to the end of the manufacturer’s original warranty. No extension shall be deemed attributable for repairs done in the latter part of the original warranty.
Issues NOT covered by warranty
- Physical damage due to accident, abuse, water, improper packaging or by any other than normal wear and tear.
- Products with unauthorized modifications or upgrades.
- Power surge or shortage.
- Software malfunction, file corruption or file deletion.
- Issues due to user-installed components and software.
Out of Warranty Repairs
- Upon its receipt, DMS will examine the product and provide the customer with a Parts and Labor Quote for the repair.
- To activate the repair process, the customer is required to sign and return the Quote and/or provide a Purchase Order.
- Shipping charges are at the customer’s expense and will be added to the invoice unless collect freight is requested.
- Applicable taxes will be added to the invoice.
- Should the customer elect not to have the product repaired or does not respond to the submitted quote within 10 business days, the product will be returned at the customer’s expense, and a $50 Estimation Fee will be charged.
- Products repaired by DMS are guaranteed 30 days, parts and labor, for the same stated problem.
DMS reserves the right to modify the terms of this agreement without prior written consent.
By clicking “Place Order”, you are confirming that the credit card being used is yours. Credit cards are subject to validation checks and authorization by the credit card issuer. If Insight Works does not receive the required authorization, we will not be liable for any delay or non-delivery.
In order to facilitate your purchasing experience, we are pleased to accept the following credit cards:
- American Express
It is important to note that when you order through Insight Works with a credit card, the payment will be taken at the time the order is placed. When placing your order with a credit card, you must ensure that the billing address matches the information (name, address, zip code/postal code) on your credit card statement even if it is not the same as your shipping address. Your name and telephone number must also match those on your credit card.
To pay for orders using a payment other than what is listed above, please contact our customer service.
If may appear overwhelming to select the right device for your application. We have created a guide to help simplify the process. Visit How to Choose a Mobile Computer to use with Business Central to learn more.
Using consumer-grade devices like iPads or smartphones in warehouses has limitations:
- Durability: Unlike rugged warehouse devices, consumer devices can’t withstand frequent drops or rough handling.
- Battery Life: Many consumer devices don’t have replaceable batteries, essential for long warehouse shifts.
- Screen Space: Touchscreen keyboards on consumer devices reduce screen visibility for warehouse management data.
- Touch Sensitivity: Consumer devices have capacitive screens, leading to accidental inputs and requiring special styluses. They’re not glove-friendly.
- Ergonomics: Devices designed for consumer use aren’t as ergonomic for all-day warehouse tasks as purpose-built devices with features like pistol grips.
Scanning devices vary based on range:
- Standard-range Scanners: Typically scan at arm’s length (around 2 to 24 inches, varies by model).
- Long-range Scanners: Can scan barcodes up to 30 feet or even 70 feet away, depending on the model.
- Barcode Factors: The barcode’s size and material can influence scanning from extreme distances. Some cases might need a retro-reflective label.
- Versatility of Long-range Scanners: These can scan at both long and standard ranges, but may have a brief delay when adjusting focus.
- Advice: Consult an Automated Data Capture (ADC) expert to find the best scanner for your needs. We have experts on our team. Please contact us!
When considering upgrading warehouse technology:
- Tech Trends: While technology evolves rapidly, and there’s a temptation to always have the latest, it’s crucial to evaluate actual needs.
- Focus on TCO: For mobile warehouse devices, like handheld scanners, emphasize maximizing total-cost-of-ownership (TCO) over mere replacement.
- Purpose-built Devices: Warehouse devices serve specific functions and aren’t expected to change roles. Aim to extend their lifespan to reduce TCO.
- Operating System Considerations: Using outdated or unsupported operating systems isn’t an immediate reason to upgrade, provided current devices meet operational needs.
- Upgrade Only When Necessary: If your devices are functioning well, prioritize TCO over replacements.